SOME HIGHLIGHTS FOR YEAR ONE OF THE PROJECT
- The limit of quantification values obtained for the aptameric sequences targeting Ochartoxin A (OTA), Aflatoxin M1 (AFM1) and B1(AFB1) and copper are below the regulatory limits set by the EU.
- Achieved 20 successive regeneration rounds of target binding and removal.
Photonic Platform –WP5
- The chip fabrication run started and first chips are expected to be finalized in January ‘15.
- The design/ specifications of the read out electronics for testing purposes has finished and currently are produced.
- Successful direct immobilization of aptamers targeting Ochratoxin A on non-functionalized Si3N4 surfaces is achieved.
- Successful fabrication of Alkene-terminated Si3N4 surfaces.
Microfluidics & Electronics Platform-WP7
- Various pretreatment protocols for the three food types have been defined and are under validation.
- Detection-unit-design with the analysis cartridge using an interface for an easy exchange of the bio-optical chip.
- Pretreatment unit is designed. First modules are built and tested.
- A master plan for the electronics as well as the first concept of the individual PCBs is defined.